Close Menu
GunTacGear
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Trending

Texas dad faces murder charge after estranged wife found dead at suburban home: Police

August 17, 2026

CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns

August 17, 2026

The Thompson Submachine Gun

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
GunTacGear
Subscribe
X (Twitter)
Login
GTG Trusted Journalism in Firearms News
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
GunTacGear
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Home»News
News

Former Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall has security clearance revoked over Air Force One disclosure

Dudley WrightBy Dudley WrightAugust 8, 20263 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Former Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall has security clearance revoked over Air Force One disclosure
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The U.S. Department of War has revoked former Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall’s eligibility to access classified information over what the department says was an unauthorized disclosure involving Air Force One’s capabilities.

Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell announced the move Friday on X, saying it took effect immediately and also bars Kendall from holding any sensitive position.

“Effective immediately, the Department of War has REVOKED former Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall’s eligibility for access to classified information and his ability to hold any sensitive position. 

“This action follows his unauthorized disclosure of classified information regarding Air Force One’s capabilities to a media outlet. Safeguarding classified information is a non-negotiable duty. Those who violate that trust forfeit the privilege of access and any role requiring it.”

US AIR FORCE SECRETARY KENDALL FLIES IN COCKPIT OF PLANE CONTROLLED BY AI

Parnell did not identify the media outlet or specify which information Kendall allegedly disclosed.

The move comes days after The Wall Street Journal published a report comparing the capabilities of the Qatari-donated Boeing 747-8, now used as a presidential aircraft, with the older Air Force One jets. Kendall was among the former officials quoted in the report.

The Journal reported that the newer aircraft lacks some capabilities available on the older VC-25A jets, including midair refueling and hardening against a nuclear blast. The report also detailed differences involving defensive systems, air stairs, baggage handling and food storage.

AIR FORCE SECRETARY SAYS HE’S SEEN NOTHING ‘MORE DISTURBING’ IN 50-YEAR CAREER THAN THIS MOVE BY CHINA

Kendall also discussed the aircraft publicly in other recent reports. Earlier in July, he told The Wall Street Journal that fully retrofitting a 747 with the defensive capabilities needed to protect the president should take three to four years.

Kendall served as secretary of the Air Force under former President Joe Biden from 2021 until January 2025. He previously served as the Pentagon’s undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics during the Obama administration.

Former Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall poses for a headshot

Kendall also has a longstanding connection to the Air Force One modernization program. 

In 2015, while serving as the Pentagon’s acquisition chief, Kendall coordinated with then-Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James on the decision to use the Boeing 747-8 platform for the next generation of presidential aircraft.

A representative for Kendall did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

This is a developing story; check back later for updates.



Read the full article here

Keep Reading

Texas dad faces murder charge after estranged wife found dead at suburban home: Police

California stabbing victim’s friend blasts ‘failed’ justice system over illegal immigrant suspect’s release

US awards Raytheon $22.9B Tomahawk deal as Trump dismisses weapons stockpile concerns

Charlie Kirk’s murder sends shockwaves through Christian academy in hit Fox Nation series

Hayden Panettiere: A life in pictures

‘The Odyssey’ streaming scam could steal your bank info

Editors Picks

CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns

August 17, 2026

The Thompson Submachine Gun

August 17, 2026

California stabbing victim’s friend blasts ‘failed’ justice system over illegal immigrant suspect’s release

August 17, 2026

US awards Raytheon $22.9 billion deal to boost Tomahawk output

August 17, 2026

Top Articles

US awards Raytheon $22.9B Tomahawk deal as Trump dismisses weapons stockpile concerns

August 17, 2026

After traumatic health ‘crash,’ Austin Tice’s mom renews search for answers

August 17, 2026

Charlie Kirk’s murder sends shockwaves through Christian academy in hit Fox Nation series

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
© 2026 GunTacGear. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?