Close Menu
GunTacGear
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Trending

Savage Axis XP 308

August 17, 2026

College Football’s AP Top 25 Is out: Who’s overrated, underrated and flat-out snubbed?

August 17, 2026

AAFES boss leaves legacy of benefits for more veterans and stronger perks for all

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
GunTacGear
Subscribe
X (Twitter)
Login
GTG Trusted Journalism in Firearms News
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
GunTacGear
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Home»News
News

Thousands of migrants remain in Spanish territory after border rush, death toll hits about 100: Ceuta official

Dudley WrightBy Dudley WrightAugust 6, 20263 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Thousands of migrants remain in Spanish territory after border rush, death toll hits about 100: Ceuta official
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Between 3,000 and 5,000 migrants remain in Ceuta after hordes of mostly military-aged men rushed into the Spanish enclave from Morocco late last month, Ceuta’s president said Thursday.

While speaking from a video call during an extraordinary session of the European Parliament’s Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, Ceuta President Juan Jesus Vivas also revealed around 100 people died during the surge.

Authorities estimate roughly 80,000 migrants rushed into the territory within a 48-hour period in late July.

Vivas called the border crisis an “invasion” and “one of the most difficult moments in the recent history of our city.”

“According to the Dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy, an ‘invasion’ should be understood in its second definition as the abnormal or irregular occupation of a specific place,” Vivas said, according to a Fox News Digital translation of his remarks, which he gave in Spanish.

AT LEAST 72 DEAD AMID MASS MIGRANT RUSH TO STORM SPANISH ENCLAVE OF CEUTA SPARKING BORDER CRISIS

“That is precisely what occurred on July 30 and 31, when approximately 80,000 people — equivalent to the entire population of Ceuta — stormed into our city. This characterization, moreover, aligns with the statement made by the President of the Government of Spain, who on Friday the 31st, during his visit to Ceuta, stated that we were facing an attack, a violation of Spain’s territorial integrity,” Vivas continued.

Echoing previous claims from Spain’s leftist President Pedro Sánchez and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, Vivas acknowledged roughly 75,000 of the migrants had returned to Morocco but added “under no circumstances does it allow us to claim that our city has returned to normal.”

“Ceuta has not returned to normal because between 3,000 and 5,000 people who entered during those fateful days of July 30 and 31 still remain,” Vivas said. “The reception centers for adult and minor migrants are in a state of collapse, turning the influx into a major humanitarian emergency.”

“Added to this are disruptions to public order and a high risk to public safety,” he continued. “Furthermore, the morale of Ceuta’s residents is severely affected. Our population feels sad, helpless, uneasy, fearful, and worried — and with good reason. It is inevitable to wonder whether this will happen again, and if that next time will be the definitive plunge into the abyss, causing us to cease being what we are: Spain and Europe. It has been exposed to the world that we are extraordinarily vulnerable, and that our security and integrity are in the hands of a third country, Morocco, which does not recognize our sovereignty.”

Migrants wait outside Ceuta's temporary migrant cente

He then proposed a set of actions authorities should take to return the city to normal. The proposals included expelling the remaining Moroccan migrants, provisioning more resources for the city’s migrant facilities, and the implementation of a new economic model which he called on to be “More Spain and More Europe.”

CEUTA MIGRANT SURGE EXPOSES SPAIN-MOROCCO TENSIONS AS ISLAMIST GROUPS REPORTEDLY SEEK TO EXPLOIT BORDER CRISIS

“We serve a society that has forged its character through courage to endure and the ability to overcome adversity. We are confident it will do so again, though I emphasize that the requested support from European authorities remains indispensable. Thank you very much,” Vivas concluded.

The President Ceuta, Juan Jesus Vivas, during a meeting at the Consolat de Mar on 6 August 2026 in Palma, Balearic Islands, Spain. The meeting takes place just one week after the unprecedented migration crisis at the border between Ceuta and Morocco, during which some 72,000 migrants crossed the border, causing a serious public health emergency.

Following the border rush between July 30-31, Sánchez called the incident “an attack, a violation of the territorial integrity of Spain.”

Fox News Digital contacted the governments of Spain and Ceuta for additional comment.

Read the full article here

Keep Reading

Savage Axis XP 308

College Football’s AP Top 25 Is out: Who’s overrated, underrated and flat-out snubbed?

Texas dad faces murder charge after estranged wife found dead at suburban home: Police

California stabbing victim’s friend blasts ‘failed’ justice system over illegal immigrant suspect’s release

US awards Raytheon $22.9B Tomahawk deal as Trump dismisses weapons stockpile concerns

Charlie Kirk’s murder sends shockwaves through Christian academy in hit Fox Nation series

Editors Picks

College Football’s AP Top 25 Is out: Who’s overrated, underrated and flat-out snubbed?

August 17, 2026

AAFES boss leaves legacy of benefits for more veterans and stronger perks for all

August 17, 2026

Texas dad faces murder charge after estranged wife found dead at suburban home: Police

August 17, 2026

CENTCOM commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid mental health concerns

August 17, 2026

Top Articles

The Thompson Submachine Gun

August 17, 2026

California stabbing victim’s friend blasts ‘failed’ justice system over illegal immigrant suspect’s release

August 17, 2026

US awards Raytheon $22.9 billion deal to boost Tomahawk output

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
© 2026 GunTacGear. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?